• Housing
  • Information for those who plan to stay for more than 1 year

Planning to stay in Japan more than 1 year

Housing for international researchers and students at Chiba University whose planned period of stay is one year or longer is mostly live in share houses, apartments, and condominiums, which are rented by the private real estate agents. (3 to 5 of the following information)
Information 1 and 2 guided below may not be available and may not meet your request depending on the timing.
Use these information to find the best room for you. Alternatively, you may find a room through a real estate agent you have found yourself.

1. Saiwaicho housing complex and Takasu Daiichi housing complex from UR(Urban Renaissance Agency)

Chiba University has rented a part of the Saiwaicho housing complex and Takasu Daiichi housing complex from UR Agency to support international students enrolled at Chiba University.
Click here for more information.

2. Company dormitories

When there are vacant rooms in dormitories of companies, etc., they may offer them to international students.
For information on recruitment, please refer to the Housing Information page, here.
Please note that the application period is irregular.

3. Search for a room at a private real estate agent that offers multilingual services before coming to Japan

Before coming to Japan, you can search for them on the Internet in languages other than Japanese and make inquiries directly to them.
Click on the company name to access its website.

Company name:MamaSan

At MamaSan, they provide fully furnished share houses exclusively for Chiba University international students, offering support in everyaspect of their stay.
MamaSan accommodates short-term stays as well, welcoming students on short-term study abroad programs. Our series properties, with no need for security deposits and key money.
Each house features rooms with unique style, ensuring a comfortable, safe, and secure living experience for international students.
For a list of share houses, click here.

Company name:InterWhao

They provide fully private share houses and studio apartments in Tokyo (mainly access to Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Ikebukuro), Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, and Chiba (Funabashi, Ichikawa, and Matsudo).

Share house:First house Funabashi
20 minutes by train from the nearest station (Funabashi Station) to Nishi-Chiba Campus (Nishi-Chiba Station).
In this lively dormitory where we value interaction between residents and where many students of Western nationality accommodate, you can enjoy the atmosphere of the peaceful space inside the whole building.
The room has a size of 6-tatami mats with a balcony, and is equipped with furniture (desk, chair, bed) and home appliances (refrigerator, air conditioner). When you move in, you only need rent, common service fee (utilities, Internet), and contract fee, and there is no need for a guarantor, brokerage fee, or renewal fee.
It is about a 5-minute walk from Funabashi Station on the JR Sobu Line, so it is an excellent international dormitory that is convenient for commuting to school and shopping.
Click here for the document.

Company name:GTN (Global Trust Network)

GTN provides a wide range of services to help you find accomodations specializing for foreigners. Their services include supports before and after moving in.

GTN partner company:Leopalace21
They offer rental apartments and condominiums (including monthly types) with appliances and furniture. The monthly fee includes utilities and cleaning.

GTN partner company:TOKYOβ
They offer share house at an amount that includes rent and common expenses, as well as furniture and utilities. Many of the properties are located in Tokyo and built recently. One common space (kitchen, etc.) for every ten rooms.
Rents: 30,000yen ~ 40,000yen、Common expense: 10,000yen ~ 15,000yen
※Both combined, there are almost no properties that cost more than 50,000yen.

Contact form specifically for Chiba University: here

Company name:Union Monthly

They offer furnished monthly apartments at competitive prices.
No Key money(礼金/reikin), no Bond money(敷金/shikikin), utility costs are included in the payment. Fully furnished apartments are available for short term rentals from a minimum of one month to a daily basis.
No need to come to the shop, just use your smartphone or computer to check availability, apply, and sign a contract. *The website is in Japanese only.

Company name:KYORITSU

For international students coming to Japan, they offer share houses where the atmosphere is like a dormitory.
As each private room is furnished with basic furniture and equipment with meal service.

Examples of properties by each campus
●Nishi-chiba and Inohana campuses
Dormy Barakinakayama/Woman only, Dormy Tsudanuma/Man only, Dormy Higashi-funabashi/Man only, Higashi-funabashi2/Woman only
●Matsudo campus
Dormy Ayase3/Woman only, Dormy Ayase/Man only, Dormy Shin-matsudo/Man only, Dormy Matsudo/Shared by both sexes

Those who concerned at Chiba University
We recommend that departments that accept a large number of students for short-term programs, etc., consult with this company.
Contact:int(a)gakuseikaikan.com  *Please change "a" to "@".

Company name:Minimini

They help foreigners from room searching to moving-in to moving-out and try to remove their uneasiness and worries.
Online previews are also available.

Company name:APAMAN International

Please inquire first, fill in your request such as "desired area ", "plan, "rent", and " the time of move-in" etc.

Company name:GES Corporation (Japan-China Cultural Exchange Center)

They offer dormitory at a price that includes furniture, utilities, and internet usage.
The nearest station is Horikiri-Shobuen Station on the Keisei Main Line. The dormitory is a 12-minute walk from the station.
Recommended for students attending the Sumida Satellite Campus.
Property Name:Kyogaku International house, Yotsugi Dormitory
Click here for more information.
Contact:support(a)xf-ges.com  ※ Please change "a" to "@".
※Clicking on the company name does not link to GES Corporation.

4. Find a room with a private agent who has an office near each campus

ISD at each campus can provide information on real estate agents with offices near the campuses frequented by international students at Chiba University.
Contact ISD if you would like to know more.
isd(a)office.chiba-u.jp  *Please change "a" to "@".
The conclusion of a rental agreement is done upon arrival in Japan by visiting an office. When going through the contracting process, those who have difficulty communicating in Japanese should ask to be accompanied by someone who can speak Japanese.

5. Finding a room at Chiba University Co-op

Chiba University Co-op is a consumer co-operative society funded and managed by students, teachers and staff of Chiba University.
With the help of partner real estate agents, they support Chiba University students in finding a safe and secure place to live.
Click here for the housing page. *Japanese only

6. Chiba Prefecture Consulting

Chiba Prefecture provides information and advice for international students who want to live in Chiba prefecture.
Chiba Housing Advisory Service for Foreign Students​:Here

Chiba University ISDtoppage